Monday, September 6, 2010

More progress on my Matchboxes...

My last post I left off with all of the boxes wrapped...
I made a lot of progress this weekend on my matchbox swap for A Swap for All Seasons! My last post you saw all the boxes wrapped. Today I am happy to say they are decorated inside and out. I have been working on them ALL DAY!...I am happy with my progress. I don't want to be "late lucy" trying to get this swap finished the day before mailing.
Above are the 25 boxes inside and out.
Close ups above and below of a few of them.

DH thinks I should sell them I keep telling him they are for a swap...



I am attempting to do everything one step at a time...

  1. Painted all the inside boxes.
  2. Cut paper for the outside of each box.
  3. Wrap each box with pattern paper using terribly terrific tacky tape!
  4. TODAY... I choose what I will decorate the inside & outside of the boxes with.
  5. I went through my Christmas ephemera and postcards. I scanned my vintage postcards or selecting from my ephemera
  6. I opened a word document and inserted the images I wanted to use. Sizing them all down to matchbox size.
  7. Today I cut a lot... then did pasting and glueing.
  8. Next hangers
  9. Finally filling the boxes with treasures!

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! That is a lot of work! They look fabulous! Not sure when the deadline is, but you seem to have a handle on it!

Robin said...

They look fabulous Lyneen! Oh dear, Christmas is just around the corner isn't it!!

Moonwillow said...

Wow you have been buzy as a little bee! Great boxes! The recipients will be lucky indeed.

Shirley said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

They turned out so darling...so much work!

MARY PERNULA said...

Way to go, you ROCK. I am almost done with the first wrapping! Thanks for stopping by I appreciate it. HUGS MARY

Linda said...

Lyneen your boxes look wonderful...I hope I get one in the swap!

Catherine said...

WOW!!! How many extra did you make??? :D