Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday out hunting for Treasures....

I picked up 37 postcards for my collection... this group was mostly of places. There were 13 linen postcards of Hawaii. Also, in my finds were several of the ostrich and alligator farms in Los Angeles from the 30's. It is so much fun searching out new postcards for my collection and learning the history about them.

I think my favorite part of collecting them is reading the messages from the senders, where they are postmarked and where they were sent. Today one sent from Hawaii was sent to Toledo, Ohio USA. (it was never postmarked) I know it was sent from Hawaii because on the front of the postcard is has Hawaiian Islands on it. Read the message below... isn't that the sweetest! How could I pass up this postcard?


2 comments:

Stampin' D'Amour said...

Ooohh & ahhhh!!! Nice finds!

I'm waiting for the weather to cool down here in Phoenix before I can start my Estate & Yard Sale hunting again...it's always fun, because you never know what you're going to find!

--pamela :)

Catherine said...

So sweet! "dear wife..."