If you know me at all you would know I have a love for all things old, things that I can alter or use in my art. I tend to shop mostly at thrift stores, yard sales, rummage sales, flea markets antique stores and auctions. I have been busy this week.
Last night I was at Westsound Auctions in Belfair and found a few great treasures that I could afford. If my pockets were deeper there was much more I would have loved to take home. I try my best to be a responsible bidder and stay within my alloted budget for the night!
Cabinet Cards
Love the 3 sisters(?)
The tin types, cabinet cards and 2 pictures were one box lot.
There was a HUGE RUMMAGE SALE TODAY in Poulsbo. Here are a few treasures I picked up there...
Stack of Postcards and Greeting Cards
Collection of Shakespeare
printed in abt. 1910
By Knickerbocker Leather and Novelty Company, New York, 3 1/4" x 2 1/4", soft leather covers with gilt titling
I have small fingers...
this give you an idea of the size of the books!
Finally, some ephemera I picked up
at Simply Renewed
in Bremerton,WA
There was a HUGE RUMMAGE SALE TODAY in Poulsbo. Here are a few treasures I picked up there...
Stack of Postcards and Greeting Cards
Collection of Shakespeare
printed in abt. 1910
By Knickerbocker Leather and Novelty Company, New York, 3 1/4" x 2 1/4", soft leather covers with gilt titling
I have small fingers...
this give you an idea of the size of the books!
Finally, some ephemera I picked up
at Simply Renewed
in Bremerton,WA
The dolls open to a garland of six sets, the there is a post card of a Matson Luxury Liner that would have sailed from Los Angeles to Honolulu. The last piece is a vintage ephemera coin purse most likely from an early 1900's scrapbook.

2 comments:
Love old books and papers. Pretty dolls too.
Your count down to Christmas is making me realize I better get going!
Warmly,
deb
Ooooo! I would love to go shopping with you Lyleen. I will have to take some pics of what I got at my last antique shopping spree.
Come join me for some cool challenges http://artandimagesbykim.ning.com/
Post a Comment