Today I have altered a Composition Journal for my design team project on the Altered Pages Blog!
The gesso gives the paint something to hold onto! Let it dry.
Then with the DecoArt DecouPage I added an interesting Vintage Text - Dictionary Page, making sure to get out all of the bubbles. Once the page was dry I added some texture here with DecoArt Modeling Paste and Punchinella on the front and back. Then let it dry thoroughly.
Once dry, start painting with Media Fluid Acrylics: Primary Magenta, Antiquing Cream and Cadmium Red Hue and Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint: Celebration Pink. Leave interesting areas of the text unpainted. For more texture and contrast spray with irRESITable!
Back and front of the journal, ink around the edges and the spine of the journal with brown.
This is what I had planned... got this far and felt it wasn't finished... so I kept going.
Add bubbles to the page with a small bottle top dipped in Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint: Black. Also painted a frame around the areas of test not covered in paint.
Decided the Leaky Shed Queen Swallow would look great on the journal. I inked Leaky Shed Queen Swallow with black ink and heat embossed her with clear embossing powder.
Finally, add Dew Drops with Tacky Glue, add the Giant Glitz Rhinstone from Mailbox Muse Kit All Dolled Up.
Here is my journal!
Have fun Creating!!!!
Supplies:
Composition Book
Vintage Text - Dictionary Page
Punchinella
irRESITable
Ink - Black and Brown
Tacky Glue
Tacky Glue
Leaky Shed Queen Swallow
Giant Glitz Rhinstone from Mailbox Muse Kit All Dolled Up
Clear Embossing Powder
Washi Tape
DecoArt Supplies:
DecouPage
Modeling Paste
Media Fluid Acrylics: Primary Magenta, Antiquing Cream and Cadmium Red Hue
Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint: Celebration Pink and Black
Gesso
Matt Medium














3 comments:
Gorgeous makeover Lyneen! Love the colors and images, so fun!~kim
This is fabulous!
stunningly gorgeous work Lyneen! such rich color and variety. thanks for sharing the details. xo
Post a Comment