Twas the night of the 10th tag in Tim’s amazing studio
Craft sheet ready and Christmas carols on the radio
Stickles, Rock Candy Crackle Paint and mini misters all lined up
Our visions of Tim sitting there with his Starbucks cup
Followers all logged on their computers for another long night
Waiting for Mario on Tim’s Facebook site
Having shipping detail he has the mail to disperse
Mario must get the packing, taping and labels done first
Back to the Tag...
Tim’s eyes sparkled as he held Fabulous Flourishes in anticipation
Trinket pins, film strip ribbon, washer and philosophy tags on hand for inspiration
When through the studio there arose such a clatter
We knew the products were about to spatter
Then what to our wondering eyes was posted
A photo on Twitter that Mario hosted
Tonight we SAW Adirondack Ink Pens for the first time
I can’t wait to see what he does with them, then buy mine
With distress ink in hand so lively and quick
Tim stamped the image of St Nick
More rapid the blending tool flew around
As he noted and photographed but made not a sound
Then onto the alcohol inks, blending solution, metal corner and clasp
Now paint dabber, embossing powder and vellum then he let out a gasp (whew)
Next would be Retro Holiday an awesome stamp on standby
OH NO! The heat tool was brought out and made things fly
Tim had to be quick as the hour drew near
Next Reindeer Flight, Letter to Santa, Festive Sounds,
and Urban Tapestry without a smear
Then in a twinkling we heard faint sounds from his room
Of Stamping, cutting, distressing, misting and the scratcher, we assume
With his design ruler clenched tightly between his teeth
He was putting the finishing on the last holly leaf
Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogony, Pine Needles galore
Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood could there be more?
Now Memory Glass, Frames and Capsules Grungeboard, OH MY
Dymo, Type Charms, Hinge Clip, Craft Pick, Texture Hammer, NO LIE
We knew the tag was nearly wrapped up to our delight
The clock was ticking the hands approaching midnight
He spoke not a word as he finished his work
He hit post on the computer, then he turned with a jerk
With a smile laying his finger aside his nose
And giving a nod from his chair he rose
To Mario he exclaimed “This has been a delight,
Let’s do this again tomorrow night.”
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas
Tim is nearing the end of the 12 tags. Tonight is number 11. If you don't know what I am talking about I highly recommend you check them out HERE. The tags are amazing and so many techniques are shown. He draws winners each day. If you leave a comment on his blog each night you have a chance to win some great supplies that Tim uses!!! Last night I wrote this poem in honor of Tim and Mario. You may not understand all of it unless you know Tim, Mario and the 12 Tags.
This was a joy to write... it took a couple of days to tweak it just right! Thank you Tim & Mario!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I just wanted to say your poem had me giggling in my seat when I saw it on Tim’s website! I just love your play on words:)
This is really cute, Lyneen! Surely this will get you a box of goodies.
Saw your poem on Tim's site; it's fabulous! Just wanted to let you know how much I liked it!
Bravo!!
Lyneen, you're a poet too! How creative. I think Tim will like it too:)
Did I see this on hyis post ? lol great poem, that must constitute a prize! :)
Hugs xx
Great poem Lyneen! You are as talented with words as you are with ink and paper!!
This is what I saw on Tim's blog that sent me to find out who this Lyneen was about...Glad I investigated!a
Post a Comment