Leslierahye is hosting A Very Merry Holiday Steampunk Blog Hop today! I have been busy with the holidays as many of you may be, getting last minute things bought, wrapped, mailed and cooked! I took out a little time to share one of my tricks in altering ready made ornaments!
Supplies:
Ornament for the base
Gears
Locking washers
Glue
Just add gears!
The medium size gear I layered on a locking washer (from the hardware store) to give it dimension!
The trick is to find something you can alter...
makes the project so much easier!
Christmas with a bit of Steampunk!
Card made with the new Gentleman Steampunk stamp from Altered Pages!
Card made with the new Gentleman Steampunk stamp from Altered Pages!
A card from a post a few days ago!
HAPPY STEAMPUNK
and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Below are the links to all the participants. Please visit each one and let them know you were by!!!







12 comments:
I never thought about steampunk ornaments and I love the idea! Now I have something new to do with some of those extra ornaments!
Thanks for sharing the ideas.
I would so hang that on my tree! gorgeous
Hi Lyneen,
Hopped on all and love the ideas. Can't get Jess B. to come up with Christmas, still Halloween.
Thanks for the morning fun.
Lyn
Amazeball creation Lyneen ! Love it ! Merry Christmas ! xoxo
What a great idea, spice up plain ornaments with real hardware. I will stock up on half price ornaments after Christmas.
Turned out FABulous! Great Idea. Merry Christmas to you!
Love love LOVE this idea - can't wait for the 1/2 price sales to start :) Happy Holidays :)
Cool! Now I need to stock up. Happy Holidays!
Fabulous steampunk'd ornament. I like to buy those sale ornaments after the season, too. Makes great projects, and yours is fab!
Wow! Steampunk, bling, Christmas, charm - this ornament has it all. So, so pretty! - I'm glad you shared it!
Happy Holidays!
Great excuse to get another tree. These ornaments are gorgeous! Happy Holiday. TFS
loving your blinged out ornaments!
Post a Comment