I love working with paper. Making dresses with handmade paper is so much fun. Cut the paper, get it damp and it is easy to work with.
This was my submission for the
Design Team Call!
I am really excited to say that I will be joining the design team here at Arnold Grummer's!
If you have a dress form to work with it makes it easier to form the wet paper to create the dress. Before the paper is wet run a thread about every 1/2 inch through the top of the skirt to help hold the gathers. After the paper is wet gently (VERY GENTLY) pull the thread to make the gathers.
Here is the damp paper dress tied with ribbon on the form ready to dry overnight. When making a project like this allow plenty of drying time.
Dried pieces are able to free stand. To make the dress I free cut the a skirt, three parts for the bodice and the sleeves.
Lace was added to the front of the skirt and first two pieces of the bodice adhered for the base structure.
Third piece of the bodice is trimmed with lace around the neck, edges and over the cap sleeves. Then it finished off with a brass bow!
It is amazing how getting paper wet changes when it is worked with. The dress is able to stand on its own. Spritz dress lightly with Glimmer Mist to give it some sparkle! Note: If you get the paper too wet it will loose the form.
Supplies:
Handmade paper
Lace (spritzed with Glimmer Mist)
Brass Bow
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Crushed Eggshells
Dress form
Needle and Thread
Be sure to visit the Arnold Grummer's blog and
see what the design team is up to!







2 comments:
I am clapping my hands loudly right now! Very cool!
This is AMAZING....
Post a Comment