A few of my wonderful artistic friends and I get together as often as we can. This afternoon we had a wonderful day playing with paper. We were going to do paper dolls, but it turned out that we just made paper dresses.
If you know me I am always one to get side tracked. We were provided with a template to use if we liked. I was the only one to take another path. I have been wanting to play with Marie Antoinette dresses. So I took a paper doll stamp I have and designed my dress around the stamp. This is my first of many Marie Antoinette dresses, I hope.
The outer skirt of the dress is mulberry paper.
Bird stamp is Cavallini.
I also used lace, paper, Dresden Foil, crepe paper and a doily
Pink - Crystal Stickers Pearls.
The white pearls are attached to the lace.
I am sharing this with Dress of the Month
over at Alice and Camilla.
I also hope to get a more traditional dress done for the month of March
19 comments:
Brilliant theme for your dress and so very lovely in every detail!!!
Love it!
oxo
Oh Lyneen Sweetie...
This dress is just beautiful. I love red ofcourse, but the lace and the pearls. What a beautiful design. I love the textures and the layers. It is just exquisite.
Thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed this post.
Have a beautiful Monday. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry
This dress is spectacular & perfect for Marie Antionette !
I love the little bird peeking out and all the embellishments.
so many details. Spectacular piece! Doesn't it make you want to keep playing???
oooo... very Marie! I love this dress, total gorgeous scrummyness! the colour is fab and I love the tiny details, so much to see, superb! Margaret
Lyneen your dress is fantastic, love everything about it, great work. Thanks for visiting my blog.
This is beautiful, what a lot of work you've put into it!
Oh my goodness...I can't imagine making something like this. In fact, I didn't even know it could be done. How beautiful!
Amazing! What a lot of work and it turned out wonderfully! Big applause! LynnF
Beautiful dress !
What a gorgeous dress and piece of art! That sounds like the perfect day- glad you had fun!
What a stunning dress and use of materials. Nice theme, too. I was drawn to this by the layering and lace.
I love every detail...gorgeous dress!!:))
aww spectacular dress.....
Oo-la-la, it's beautiful, I love all of the detail.
WOW what an amazing dress, I adore it! I hope you do make more gorgeous creations like this. :-)
Gini
xx
Wow, what a stunning dress! A Perfect Marie Dress! Love it!!
I love it! the poofiness is just perfect and the colors are very Marie"!!!!
Beautiful dress, simply gorgeous!
Post a Comment