Last week I picked up a box of nails at the hardware store!
I want to use them in a vintage 3D collage.
THEY ARE TOO NEW!!!!
I heard about giving metals a patina using bleach
so I experimented with 1 part bleach to parts water.
It was doing something in the jar.
I also hear Coke can do the job
so I put a few in a jar with Coke
Here are my results:
Overnight in bleach
Overnight in Coke
I am really liking the ones that were in the Coke...
let me know what you think!!!
4 comments:
The coke ones look "older". My personal favorite for aging metal is oven cleaner. Just the el cheapo, spray-on stuff. Works like a charm!
I'm thinking about what Coke might do to your innards when you are enjoying a can of it. Eeeek
My vote is for the Coke treatment...altho I'm a Diet Pepsi kinda girl...LOL
Thanks for the tip...
I actually like the bleach ones better. They didn't turn so "golden". I love Coke, now I'm a bit worried, :).
Post a Comment