She is famous for her BIG flowers and her WESTERN themes paintings, but did you know she also painted the Skyscrapers of New York when she lived there. In 1938 she was commissioned to do two paintings for the Hawaiian Pineapple Company, now Dole Food Company. She spent nine weeks in the Hawaiian islands. She completed 20 paintings after her visit. I was fortunate enough to be in Hawaii when there was an exhibit of her Hawaiian paintings at the Honolulu Art Museum.
Here is my interpretation of EAST meets WEST! An ATC, a small work of compared to a Georgia O'Keeffe work of art!
I stamped the Carmen's Veranda image of Georgia O'Keeffe on with photo paper with VersaMark and colored her with Copics. I then sprayed white card stock with Art Anthology Colorations: Patience and Timeless. Then stamped the Medium Shrubbery (Lost Coast Designs) with Distress Oxide Peeled Paint.
This is being entered in the
Lost Coast Design Challenge HERE!

2 comments:
Fabulous ATC and for the interesting post behind your choice of image
Carol x
Love this Frida ATC. Great stamp and wonderful background. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!
Post a Comment