Lyneen's 2021 Class Kits Instructions

Monday, June 1, 2020

Relics & Artifacts ~ Muse Spoon Challenge

Earlier this year I entered three different spoons  in the MUSE SPOON Challenge on the Relics & Artifacts Tribe Group Facebook Page. I had a great time hunting down the perfect spoons.   One day in a thrift store I walked out with not one but three amazing spoons. I only needed one, I could not put any of them back. The star screamed halo, the rough handled one felt like the sea. Before I stepped in the store. I knew I wanted to do a butterfly spoon.

The three spoons I entered were: Beauty in Bronze, Mermaid 
Beauty and Joy of the Sea


I am excited to say that Mermaid Beauty captivated the judges and she was the winner out of some pretty tough competition.  Post announcing the winners HERE!


When the VERDAY kit arrived, I was elated, I can age things! Deep down I wanted to see how all metal paints would look after the activator was applied. Three spoons it is. Sandra Evertson’s resin blanks were a perfect complement for the large spoons.
The arrangement of the three spoons took a little time, then gluing started. I wanted to tryout different elements like burlap and twine.

Per the instructions you apply the first coat of metal paint and set aside to dry.  Then you apply a second coat and while it is still wet spray the activator. That is when the magic happens.  Over the next couple of days I will post pictures of the process making each of the spoons. 

1 comment:

Crafting With Jack said...

I do like your spoons. Well done for winning with the mermaid one, it is fabulous.